In just a few minutes, someone can install DROID spy software on your DROID cell. Once installed, DROID spy software will enable the person who installed the spy app to have almost complete control of your DROID cell. They’ll be able to monitor your text messages, call logs, emails, browser history, view photos you snap on your DROID, track your location, and even record your calls. To add even more doom and gloom, once DROID spy software is installed, it remains hidden to the user, so they’ll never know its on their phone. The good news is that there are ways to substantially reduce the likelihood of someone installing DROID spy software on your cell and/or identifying warning signs that DROID spy software is possibly on your cell.
Here are few useful tips to ensure that you keep DROID spy software off your device, as well as a couple tips on how to detect if you have DROID spy software on phone.
1) KEEP YOUR DROID CELL WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES: The best way to keep DROID spy software off your cell, is to never leave it out of your sight. There is absolutely no way anyone can install a DROID spy app on your DROID, without first having physical access to your device. The reason is that DROID spy apps are installed directly on the phone. This means without access to your cell, there is no way they are ever going to be able to install it. Bottom line, if you want to be 100% sure that you never get DROID spy software on your device, never let it out of your sight and NEVER let anyone borrow it.
2) ALWAYS REQUIRE A PIN CODE: This is similar to the point above. Without access to your DROID, there is no way anyone can install DROID spy software. Don’t make it easy for anyone to install a spy app on your DROID. Protect your DROID by requiring a PIN code to use your cell just in case you leave your DROID laying around or someone tries to install a DROID spy app while you are sleeping. Remember, if they can’t access your device, they can’t install a DROID spy app. A PIN code is a simple but VERY effective way to protect your DROID.
3) MONITOR DATA TRAFFIC: In order for DROID spy software to transmit the logs that are recorded to the person who installed the app, the spy app will need to use a data connection such as EDGE or 3G. If you normally don’t use your cell for surfing the net or to download apps, sudden spikes in data traffic is a good warning sign that something is just not right. You can either look at your data traffic logs directly on your phone, or you can see your itemized bill and compare it to previous months.
4) WATCH OUT FOR UNUSUAL BATTERY DRAIN: Since DROID spy software works in the background, it’s very common that the spy app will drain the battery in a much quicker rate than if you did not have any type of app installed. This is because as the logs are recorded, they are sent using GPRS or EDGE to a remote sever. Doing all of this in the background takes up a lot of power, so by monitoring your battery usage and time between charges, you will be able to identify immediately if there are sudden changes to how long your phone is lasting between charges. If you notice much quicker time between charges, then you could have something on your cell eating precious power, which just might be a DROID spy app.
5) SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS: Another common sign is when you start to have difficulty shutting down your cell. When the spy app is running in the background, it makes it more difficult to shut down your device. If you periodically shut down your phone, keep a mental note how long it takes to shut down. If you start to see sudden changes in the time it takes to shut down your phone, this could be a warning sign.S.
Now that you know how to keep DROID spy software off your phone, and a few ways to detect it, the next thing you need to be aware of is how to remove it. The BEST way to remove DROID spy software is to take your DROID to your service center and have them reinstall the OS again. This is really the ONLY way to ensure that all spy apps on your DROID cell are removed. Yes, you can purchase programs online that claim to detect DROID spy software and remove it, but you can never be sure. If you want to be 100% safe, reinstall the OS yourself or by taking your cell to your service center.
If you know of any tips on DROID spy software that were not covered in this post, be sure to leave a comment and we’ll update this post to include them and credit you as the source.
Thanks for reading!
DISCLAIMER: Android spy software (cell phone monitoring software) is designed for monitoring your children or employees on a smartphone you own or have proper consent to monitor (in compliance with applicable laws), and you must inform anyone who uses a device upon which the software is installed that their activity may be monitored. You should NEVER attempt to spy on a cell phone you don’t own, monitor your spouse, significant other or adult children with any cell phone monitoring product without the consent and knowledge of such persons. Doing so may be illegal, and violate local, state, and federal laws in your country and you could be subject to civil or criminal penalties. We will cooperate with authorities in investigation of any allegations of misuse. If you are uncertain of your rights to monitor the usage of a cellular device, you should consult legal counsel BEFORE purchasing.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: This disclosure is provided so you as a consumer understands the relationship between a person reviewing, endorsing, or writing about a product or service and the product owner or service provider. This website participates in various affiliate programs in which the owner(s) receive a commission whenever you purchase through a link on this site. These links can be in the form of text links located throughout the site, in blog posts, on pages, linked from images within a post or on a page, buttons, within the sidebar, and graphic ads such as banners. Even though the owner(s) of this website may have been provided compensation, we always post honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences based on our research and/or experience with the product or service. We are independently owned, and the views and opinions expressed on this website are purely the writer’s own. Any product claim, feature, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified. For more details click HERE.